Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hello Day

I'm always enchanted by the pure magic of time and reflection.  Moments passing in a blur are for the younger set; I drink them in as they happen and hope for 50 more years of this wonderful phenomenon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Day

What brought me low
Cannot continue so
And that's because of you

We shed the shadows
Of your night and
Welcome morning new

Too bright for some
Clouds just right
You are an artist true

Hello Day
You're quite a sight
And now my heart's not blue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a gift this beautiful day to remind me that I am not defined by sorrow.  Instead, my choice is to climb past the broken and walking wounded who do not choose to stand up and move forward.  I cannot understand their fear and fortunately, I'm at the stage of life where I no longer care to understand it.

Philosophers, saints, leaders have spent centuries trying to answer the question of WHY some souls stagnate and flounder.  For me, the lessons of moving onward were early and harsh but oh, I would not change a thing.  Instead, those days have prepared me to keep lifting foot after foot...letting my heart beat in hope for a someday love...forgiving myself over and over and all because I have lived through hardship.

Each DAY is my new beginning and my continued gratitude that I CAN welcome it all with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment