Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Champagne

When the ego takes a hit, it's nice to feel a soothing balm.  And the balms come from the most surprising people at the most opportune times.  Thankfulness then is due to the gentleman who referred to me as "a champagne among women" rather than the whiskey I'd thought myself to be.  lol

After all, whiskey ages so nicely and fits with my Kentuckian persona but champagne...what are its attributes and how might I use its balm?  Upon research, I found this happy result:

All groups were then subjected to high levels of neurotoxicity similar to what the human brain experiences during inflammatory conditions. The study found that the groups pre-treated with exposure to Champagne had a higher level of cell restoration compared to the group that wasn't. The study's co-authors noted that it was too early to conclusively say that drinking Champagne is beneficial to brain health but that the study does point researchers to more exploration in this area.

I have tried to savor champagne only on special occasions.  Unlike whiskey, its bubbles release into my laughter and my happiness buzz is quite speedy...great big smiles with that!  Perhaps it's worth a toast more often with the thought that drinking it is good for my health.  winkwink


Champagne Girl

May I compare thee to a cheerful glass?
With color like your hair
And tickles on your lips

May I taste your happiness?
With sweetness near
And a haunting kiss

May I stroke this smoothness?
With skin so supple
And peaking mounds

May I open your bottle?
With strength and care
And give you moans because I dare

No comments:

Post a Comment