Friday, June 27, 2014

A Thinker

As I've reopened my life to writing, I find myself confronting past fears about my thought process.  Staring down my path, I seek answers to the questions that have haunted me for  8 years now.

Can I be the "thinker" that I once was?
Do I have the brain power to rev up my creative engine and am I able to effectively deliver my thoughts?
Can I be smart enough, clever enough, and fast enough to take this journey of pen to paper?
Most of all...am I allowing perfectionism to stall me as it has done before?

Airing these questions provides some relief.  Up to 50% of MS patients struggle with cognitive issues and it's well documented that menopausal women of my age enter "brain fog."  Hormones or lack thereof....  Bleh!

I concede that since I do not know which part of me is struggling cognitively...MS or Menopausal...then I simply must cast my doubts aside and get on with my endeavors.  Perhaps not knowing what to blame is a blessing in disguise and instead, I just join my fellow baby boomers who grouch about losing their memories!

Today, I found an interesting article concerning the creative mind in relation to intellect and mental illness.  A quick summation is that I neither have to be a genius nor crazy to get on with my creative process.  Fortunately, just having a few of either in the family gives me enough cred that I'm in the correct gene pool.

A little crazy + a lot of smart can = a family that produces creatives.

Secrets of the Creative Brain

Follow along, oh wise reader and see if you too may be part of a creative and crazy family!  Smiles!!



No comments:

Post a Comment