Sunday, October 8, 2017

Audible Walk

As he strums his guitar, chords and melodies headed nowhere, I realize that my listening pleasure is based on hearing his "audible walk."

"Wanna take a walk?"

"Where?"

"Anywhere."

"Okay."

It's a pleasant time interpreting what he's seeing based on the tune he creates.  Just pleasant?  Yes, just as a walk meandering down a path is pleasant enough to take again and again.  After all, a path can only be well worn because travelers must take it or because they choose it continually.

Were I to examine the path/tune too closely, I might not be enamored with its details.  Instead, I trust it to take me somewhere or nowhere...the journey is truly the only destination.

"Ready to go back?"

"Okay."

"We should do this again."

"Yes, I'd like to do it everyday with you."




No comments:

Post a Comment