Thursday, June 19, 2014

Begin

Much thanks to Jennifer Weiner for her wise thoughts.  Just begin.  And although the writing spurts have gone on four decades plus, it just may be that the spurts are becoming gushers and so, I begin.

The children might raise their eyebrows at this point and remind me of my oft repeated statement:
"Once begun, half done!"

Dear Sareet will smile and tell me that she expected nothing less as hurdles in my path provide pauses rather than stops.

And my Grandfather Clint's stubby pencils, tiny notebooks, and succinct blurbs about the weather mixed in with musings of family and farm continue to inspire me to capture words daily.

A poem, a pondering, an analysis, a review...all a start to something that I know I must do.

Begin.

A Feathery Leaf

Hurdle one complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment