Sunday, December 2, 2012

Miss Polite

Online dating is weird!

I'm being open.  I'm being Miss Polite.  I'm being bombarded.  It's been six months since I was a member of Match.com and after 3 days of reactivation...I've watched my "in" box fill up with countless queries.  In fact, the little "ding" of "you've got mail" is pinging as I type.

Just for ego's sake, I kept the counter running...almost 3,000 hits.  What that means of course is what all women know.  Looks matter to men no matter what they argue.  They're visual creatures and can't be faulted for that...I like to look good for them!  ha ha  Does that make me a sell-out to feminism?  I suppose it depends on the generation of feminist.  Some women really do want to be cherished for nothing but their brain and I respect that.  It's just not something I believe in.  My experience has shown that the brain and the body can make for a tremendous relationship! ;-)

Couples are a chemical soup.  If our flavors complement each other, it's important to add a little salt and stir, boil, cover and simmer for a while.

My previous online dating foray introduced me to men of all ages...in one week, I dated a 33 year old and a 60 year old.  When is that ever going to be an option again in my life?  ha ha  I've met professionals and highly skilled tradesmen, the handsome and the quirky, and mostly, I've met hopeful gentlemen.

Here's the tough part...I dash the hopes of 95% of these fellows.  The good part...I'm positive whether through online dating or local venues, I will meet the guy who shares my hopes.  Miss Yogi the Counselor wants me to make a wish list for the type of gentleman I hope to pair with...someone like me, I hope.  And what is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment