Sunday, December 16, 2012

Moments

Have I lost you?

The thought that a single meeting would affect another person in such a manner that they feel "loss" from never seeing me again is a bit too close to the fire.  What in their past has caused them to fall so far into this kind of illusion?  And how did I contribute to it for just one evening?

Freedom and fear are bedfellows.  Having fought SO HARD for my freedom, I have to face the flip side of that happiness.  Being naive about dating can get me into serious trouble.  Today I asserted that I did not want to be good at serial dating.  But I suppose that if I were...then, I wouldn't expose myself to men who are too susceptible to the simple acts of being treated well.  I would recognize their vulnerability and steer clear of it.

The answer to the question, then....

You never had me. You are a stranger.  All I gave you was the kindness and tenderness that one should expect from a date.  Actually, I want to treat each person I meet with kindness and respect.  Tenderness is reserved for the moment when one decides...do I feel a romantic connection?  Is the chemistry between us worth a second look?  And no, it was not worth a second look for me. 

Why can't that answer be enough?  

If I have to engage in opening myself to countless strangers to gauge a romantic interest...my freedom will be for naught.  I will feel trapped again because my nature is NOT to be open to so many.  sigh  

Have you lost me?  With another attitude and another man, the question will be...have you found me?  Good thing I have a positive attitude....  

No comments:

Post a Comment