Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wide Awake

I admit it.  Although I was COMPLETELY prepared to the spend the day alone...having someone stop by made it feel like the special day it was meant to be.

And another admission...that part of me that had set in to be frozen is thawing.  Loss can do that to a person.  No matter our resolution to protect the softest parts of our psyche and hearts, our human nature begins to reject our stubborn selves and we find that "lightness of being" which hasn't disappeared after all.


“Men’s natures are alike; it is their habits that separate them.”
-Confucious


I have rediscovered a pride in myself this year and much of that centers on healthy habits.  That health hasn't just been for my body...mentally and emotionally, I'm starting to feel the payoff of six years of HARD work.  Habits kick in unconsciously...what a relief to be able to live and not waste my precious gray matter on thinking of each move!

So I'm just going to ride out these feelings...I'm going to count on my subconscious to lead me wherever it thinks my heart should go.  I'm going to trust my gut instinct and not bother with self analysis.  This blog will be as much as I do in that department.

When I jump without a net on this, I may just slam into the asphalt with the potential for permanent scars.  This time though, I'm wide awake.  I know how to get back up, brush myself off, and set forth on a new path...except this path seems so right...it gives me secret smiles.  :-)

Wide Awake Video


No comments:

Post a Comment