Wednesday, December 19, 2012

No Way

Several hours of rest and I receive a reboot of thought.  No way am I going to submit to fragility!  No way!  Even when my crystal goblet has been shattered, I picked up the pieces and clumsily glued them back together.  I will admit that it was painful to heal that way...but it's the ONLY way.  I am not going to be fragile!

To give credence to my dearest friend and also my counselor, I will allow myself to become vulnerable at times.  I will allow others in more often and I will allow myself those weak moments when I need to release some steam...some pain.  But fragility?  Naaaah.

"You can't know where you're going unless you know where you've been."  That credo has been with me since childhood when I spent countless hours at the family cemetery.  Yes, I was the nerd who documented the family headstones, wrote the childish stories of what I thought my ancestors had been like, and set myself forward to honor them for the rest of my life.  What I have learned is that I am from hardy stock...NOT fragile stock!  The women in my family have always stood up, taken the broken pieces and refused to let weakness rule our lives.

My body may be fragile at times; my heart and psyche may feel on the verge of shattering during weak moments...but the core of me is strong.  Countries, communities, families, relationships are built on these foundations and I'm here and willing to keep being strong.  Not fragile.  Sorry, folks, that tomboy force is strong within me!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment