Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Active Singles?

What is an active single?

This is a strange entity to me because I've learned it somehow applies to me!  Now that I'm single, I suppose I have two choices...active vs. inactive.

Being active in a single life means dating.  I'm not sure though of how much dating I am supposed to be doing.  Where is the handbook for divorcees in their forties?  When I dated last, a girl who dated more than one fellow at a time was a ho.  Now, we're encouraged to date a wide variety of men at the same time...so we can "learn" what we like and don't like....

I think the men who are doing the dating really like this concept!  haha  In fact, I know they like it because they've told me they believe it's the time again to sow their wild oats.  Come on, fellas, your wild oats aren't wild anymore.  They're vintage!

I spent a long time in the latter years of my marriage finding out what I don't like.  I'm learning a lot of what I do like.  Unfortunately...by being an "active" single, I find these bits and pieces in different men.  Too bad that cut and paste doesn't work with dates.  If it did, I suppose I could have the perfect date/man.  Hmm, perfect sounds bland...something pretty to sit on a shelf.

I'd really like someone who didn't like sitting on that shelf...the same way I didn't like shelf sitting.  It was lonely.  I became dusty.  No one really came along to play with me.  I became invisible.

Active single?  I'd like to actively find someone who doesn't mind falling off the shelf and mucking around in the floor with me!  HA

No comments:

Post a Comment