Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Brightness

Today I reached out to nature for comfort as my being continued to absorb the loss of Robin Williams.  And not just his loss, but the countless others who lose themselves in the crevices of their minds.  Oddly, I had mentioned a couple days ago that perhaps we needed Emotional Critical Care units just as we have Urgent Care units scattered around our communities.

Would it make a difference if we were able to stop at CVS to pick up toothpaste but impulsively slip into a care unit for our psyches.

Churches would seem to fill this void but the soulful need versus the emotional need...is it the same?  The respectable buildings that hold God's people are intimidating to those of us who are unchurched.  But a need is there and perhaps if these buildings became beacons for suffering folk, emergency rooms for Emotional Critical Care, they might be the answer for those who are wandering lost in their sadness and lost in their minds.

Today, I lay on the sand beside the ocean drinking in the brightness  of our beautiful world.  I mourned for Robin's children.  I mourned for his future grandchildren who would never meet him and all of those who loved him.  I see the R.I.P. notices and yet, sadly, I wonder if his spirit can find rest.  Leaving this world in such pain...is it possible for a violent end to free a pained soul?

Brightness.  Light versus dark.  Surrounding oneself with watchful loved ones and choosing to seek help and yet, darkness can still win.

Choose the light.  Choose the brightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment