Monday, August 4, 2014

Acceptance

We give ourselves a circle of friendship.  Within the boundaries is acceptance of strengths and weaknesses but more so is that each person can be their true and valid self.

I'm greatly inspired when I get to be in the presence of others who have no artifice, no agenda to change themselves or others without the invitation to do so. I appreciate their individuality as I might a fine work of art, and if they choose to seek my insight as they evolve, I happily offer my humble opinion.

But offering my unsolicited advice goes against who I am trying to be...to become...I do not hold myself in such esteem as to know what is best for a friend without being invited to explore that with them.  I like them for the reason that they are in charge of guiding their destiny and hopefully, they do not try to steer my own.

Acceptance.  Tolerance.  How has it become such a rarity?  As our circles of humanity overlap, why do so many feign to be superior in their knowledge or experience?  Why must they push their agenda into others without invitation?  Is it fear on their part?  Is it hubris?  Live and let live is lost now?

Acceptance.  Accept.  Except for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment