Thursday, February 14, 2013

Loving the Alone

I feel sneaky.  Oh so sneaky.  So sneaky, so sneaky....di---vi---ne and I'm singing along here in time...tra la la tra la la tra la la!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many Valentine's Days will I continue to spend alone?  As many I want to!!!  :-)

Why is this year so fabulous on the day that Hallmark has dubbed the Lovers' Day and yet, I have chosen to have no lover with me??!!  Today, I'm in love with being alone.  I compare this day to last year and it is soooooo much happier.  I was being pummeled with the foul feelings of someone else who was trying to hold on to me despite my wishes.  It was agony as were the last 6 Valentine's Days...years of sadness are now HIStory, not MYstory.

I feel giddy.  Oh so giddy. :-)

When happiness invades an person's entire being, it is the ultimate rush.  I feel so full of LOVE for my life right now...today, I am loving being alone.  Tomorrow may be the day I wake up and meet a life partner, but I don't care if I do or not.  Right now, I'm having a celebration of a whole heart that has survived and thrived and doesn't MIND eating chocolate, ice cream, and pizza all by herself...and her cat!  The cliche is so delicious.

No amount of candy, roses, or jewelry could take the place of this utter feeling of peace within myself.

CHEERS to one of the happiest St. Valentine's Days in memory.  CHEERS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment