Friday, February 22, 2013

How Much More

Platitudes.  We are only given what we can handle.  Trials and tribulations are given to those who can withstand them.  Character is built upon failure, not success.  To receive much, one must give much.

How much more can a person handle when it comes to stress?  As my daughter so eloquently stated, "This year has been worse than a soap opera."  She's right.

Separation..................................................Freedom from a toxic relationship  
Moving Out................................................No longer an upaid maid
Eldest Child's HS Graduation......................Successful launching of a kid rocket
Divorce......................................................Legally all on my own
Child goes to college..................................Pride for my son's success
Empty Nest...............................................Time to focus on me
Puzzling Men Issues...................................Meeting wonderful people
Parent becomes diabetic............................A reminder that good health can pay off
Holidays as a single parent.........................So many friends rallying for my support
New vocation............................................Reaquainted with my talents
Cancer w/ a side of MS.............................Knowing that I have it so much better than others
Loss of a pet.............................................A gift of some time with a special creature

Turning all those stresses on the left to positive mindfulness on the right has not been easy.  In fact, it will continue to be a challenge but the payoff is the ability to push through obstacles.

As they say, the first one through the wall is bloodied.  I guess I'm no longer scared of walls.

How much more can I take?  More and more and more if it means that what I find on the other side is bright and positive.



No comments:

Post a Comment