Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Morning Delight

The freshness of morning in Florida...ahhhhh, the birds, the bugs, the weight off my psyche!  HA!

Being true to oneself is probably the hardest thing to do in humanity.  Each day we are faced with struggles that pull us from our core and when we succumb to the tug, we then have to deal with the aftermath of our guilt.  I like living guilt free.  I like living close to the fire in my belly.  Being honest with myself and those I care about has an addictive quality to it.

Women are notorious for settling.  We gloss over our disappointments in hopes that the situation improves. We build pretty cages and nest appropriately with our mates and yet, happiness begins to slip away.  At my age, without the encumbrance of guilt, I can look back at a life lived successfully...but in the confines of a cage that I built myself.  I cannot lay the blame solely at my ex's feet for the failure of our marriage.  I could have thrown down the gauntlet earlier...I could have been braver...I could have been a lot of things but my own self-development had not reached those points.  And he was not interested in self development for the sake of a relationship.

But I'm being brave now. I'm not settling when it comes to the big issues just to be in the company of a man.  I'm instead being clear and honest about my needs and if those needs don't mesh with another's, then I continue alone on my path.

In answer to the oft asked question from other women..."Don't you miss just being with a man?"

And in answer...yes, of course.  But I remember the agony of being with a man and missing myself and that memory and those lessons learned sustain me.

Everything works out in the end, right?  And if it's not working out, then it must not be the end!  Life...to be continued...happy...fulfilled...and in love with myself first and foremost.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed visiting your fine, well written, introspective blog. As a fellow blogger and as a divorce lawyer, I would recommend your blog to everyone! Best wishes in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My own attorney was such a rock; she changed my opinion of the legal industry. I'll be sure and see what you're observing as well.

    ReplyDelete