Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pl(f)acebook

Social media is freakish for we introverts.  Namely, it allows us to finally expose our true selves...or does it?  In the name of keeping my far flung friends/family informed of my daily life, I've succumbed to the lure of Facebook and Twitter.

I thought that it would be helpful as I navigate my new life.  Instead, it spurs more questions.  Part of me wants to abandon the sites...I think that may be impossible though.  As a closet introvert, I've found myself "coming out" more than ever and am wondering if this is how extroverts feel.  Do they freely touch others with such abandon?

My closest friends know that I purposely push myself out of the box.  I'm a true believer in the motto:  "Fake it til you make it"

I thought this sense of modesty and shyness would be easier to overcome with age.  It isn't.  In order to bridge the gap between my sense of shyness and the big awful world...I'm getting worried that there is no "make it" to get to.  This is probably just how I am going to be.  Yikes...probably halfway through life and I'm just now figuring this out? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment