Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Safety of Two

"Every living being has a God-appointed guardian spirit that walks through life with her or him. Your guardian spirit remains with you whether or not you recognize its presence. However, recognition, praise, and thanksgiving of your guardian spirit will strengthen its presence and influence in your life."                                                                                                                                         Iyanla Vanzant

Why not?  Patronus, guardian angel, pet rock...why not believe that an other worldly entity is quietly protecting us?  

The "lovey" we held as children cast away the scary creatures under our bed, kept us calm when away from our parents, and listened to our dreams and travails without judgment.

My last two years of seeking solace as a single woman has given me time to ponder my spirituality.  No new mate has appeared and my past one continues his struggles with his demons.  And so I need to believe and feel that an adult "lovey" has a presence in my life. 

Why not feel safer knowing the protective bubble which surrounds me is a gift from God...a gift to remind me that I do not walk alone.

There is safety in numbers and the number can be two.

No comments:

Post a Comment