Monday, November 3, 2014

Personal Space

By stretching the boundaries of my personal and soul space, I invite some inside hoping to see how well we might mesh while enjoying the fierce light of a future together.

It's an interesting endeavor as the preparation  two individuals undergo separately means the odds of a "perfect match" are rare.  Actually, a perfect match sounds rather boring.  The sauce of life ends up being how two people handle mismatched ingredients in life's strange stew!

Three feet from our body's center make up our personal space.  Beyond that, we concede control to the environment.  How we take ownership of our decisions within that space lies solely with our choices.  

No matter how crowded it feels when the uninvited enter and push us against ourselves, we are still left with a choice...it might be to simply dissolve into meditation or prayer to stay alive or sane but it is STILL a choice.

Although I strive for inner peace, I accept that constant peace would destroy my joy for life.  I like feeling challenges and finding personal solutions.  It's joyful learning how to add the unexpected to my routine...how to make room in my personal space for another...how to heal when disappointment adds bitterness....

Personal space doesn't have to be empty.



No comments:

Post a Comment