Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Food Food Food

The cruelest of nature's tricks...hitting our stride in mid life and NOT being able to indulge in all our favorite foods.  They have been banished to the UNHEALTHY food category!!  No, is is not possible to make our favorite recipes healthy and tasty.  The taste is the whole point!  I find myself substituting the butter, the sugar, the oil and then crowing to my guests that "they are going to love it and it's healthy."  They don't love it.  They eat it, smile and agree that it's definitely healthy and we all pretend that we are happy 40+ adults who have tricked the system.

We know we haven't.  It doesn't taste like our food. It tastes like the paper pages of our cook books we propped up on our counter.  If possible, I would send out my internal metabolism switch for repair but Mother Nature has claimed that replacement parts are no longer available.

Will it be gluttony then during the holidays with my favorite goodies?  Only to a point.  I concede that I cannot indulge without guilt, therefore, I will choose my luxuries with care.  Rather than tasting all of the desserts, I will succumb to one and devour with gusto.  And ONLY one per day....

With age comes wisdom?  Perhaps resolution.  Food is comfort.  Comfort is happiness.  Happiness is divine.

Divinity tastes great....

No comments:

Post a Comment