Thursday, September 18, 2014

Veil of Vulnerability

Addicts must hit ROCK bottom before recovery begins.  For those of us who struggle with our emotional selves, what bottom must we hit?

Should it be soft to consume our pain?  Slippery to send us off into another dimension of denial?

Where is the mysterious place for individuals who keep their outer selves controlled and their inner vulnerabilities carefully veiled?

I imagine that there are more of us in the latter category.  We maintain our auras of normalcy through mundane challenges, countless life transitions and an endless dedication of making everyone else's life move smoothly.

Exposing our pain is like donning a veil of vulnerability.  We allow it to be seen so that we can't be faulted for hiding.  And yet we hide behind it anyway.

It is a strange feeling to be exposed and still be hidden.

And so I ask myself, my psyche, my being...how naked is it I must be for the deepest healing to begin?


No comments:

Post a Comment