Friday, September 19, 2014

Love. Just.

There is poetry to a simple experience...falling in love with the person you were always meant to love.

Complicated language is unnecessary, artistic creations are superfluous, the act itself makes one "right their ship" in a nano second.

Tonight I enjoy the Florida rain, the floating jazz in my apartment, the wafting smell of a gourmet dinner prepared for one.  The beaujolais chilled, the ambiance exceptional and the company of one who I have always known but never loved is present.

This assault of love on my senses may have come from nowhere but its destination has always been for my mind and heart.

I could lose years of my future trying to understand why it has taken me so long to recognize this being, but I won't waste another second.

Instead, I embrace this love, this adoration, this acceptance of ME...imperfect and improbable me.

Love.  Finally.  Myself.

And now to the next fifty years...no longer alone and now in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment