Monday, July 1, 2013

A Little Lie

Accepting my child's apology for lying is simple.  Convincing him to forgive himself, right his ship, and believe in his skills to sail forward...damned confusing!

I can barely understand adult men so it's doubly frustrating to understand one growing into manhood.  His easy going demeanor, likability, and poised readiness tend to mimic me, BUT his stubbornness at facing his demons and subsequent difficulty in dealing with the consequences mimic his father.

Being a quasi genius must be absolute hell.  All teenagers think they are such, therefore, creating that hell and exposing their parents to the collateral damage!

When I encounter grown men with these issues, it is easy to wave goodbye.  They're not even hard to spot!  Drama is as much a man's game as it is a woman's and these assumptive intellectual saviors can't shut up about their prowess in their chosen fields...or their conquests of the opposite sex.

I believe that a young man can be shifted to another lane before habit takes over and pretentiousness takes root.  The frustration is borne of NOT KNOWING if the lessons are sticking before it's too late to make a difference.

Twice today I was approached by men half my age and it wasn't to be a mother figure.  Half my age!  Were my own son to fall victim to this lazy man's way of securing money and sex...????  Aaarrrgggghhhh...then I would question my parenting abilities.  Now I just question my parenting patience!

As for the young men, they have the ego of the elderly men...I don't entertain their ludicrous ideas either but the entertainment value is good!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment