Monday, May 26, 2014

Revisit

Looking at the titles of blog posts that were never completed:  Quiet Anger, Doormat

I'm going with the positive summation that I did not complete these posts because I REFUSED to be addicted to my sad stories.  In the social competition of "who's had it the worst," I think I could hold my own with the retelling of my suffering and I'm sure I could garner the sympathy of listeners with my heartfelt angst, but it's a poisonous addiction...the retelling of sadness.

After long term analysis, progressive therapists are finally embracing the concept that the dead horse of pain doesn't need to be beaten constantly for peace.  It's important to note that the masses instinctively know this...we have holidays (Memorial Day) set aside for pain acknowledgement.  We can't function effectively if we continue a cycle of painful memories.

The anniversaries of my previous life become easier to face; sharp stabbing memories become duller as I force them to remain on the periphery of my being.  On this Memorial Day, I acknowledge their existence and pay homage to their lessons but I DELETE their ongoing influence.  I live by exiting the swirling eddy  of pain and instead embark upon a tributary taking me to a much larger pool of potential...a still deep water that gives me peace and tranquility and freedom to appreciate how far I have floated away from white rushing waters of pain....

No comments:

Post a Comment