Tuesday, April 15, 2014

ValYou

Values?

Core values.  Succumbing to my research need, I thought it might be prescient to learn more about how our species values...values.  Apparently, I haven't broached the topic with myself much...I came up empty handed other than the pat responses.  Truth.  Respect.  Courage.

I found a lady who had written hers down and I suspect she knows they'll be copied.  What else is the internet for except to provide fodder for copiers like me?  And so, Claire Hodgson has a list and I'll start from there:

  • Security
  • Positive/fulfilling relationships with friends and family
  • Contentment 
  • Peace 
  • Fun  
  • Laughter 
  • Loyalty
  • Financial freedom 
  • Passion
  • Simplicity 


I agree with her when it comes to Security.  Each day I wake up wondering if I can maintain my life as it is currently...my game plan for catastrophe is incomplete, thus "to live" this value of security, I have to face some unpleasant facts regarding health.  To be continued....

Positive/fulfilling relationships with my family and friends is value met with fruition.  I am content.

Contentment is a fluid concept in my life...I'm content until I'm bored and then I become inspired to shake apart the guise of contentment and move on to Excitement.  

Fun in life for me equals discovery and that value keeps me waking up daily with hope.

Laughter is my second breath.  It and carbon dioxide are twinsies in my world! ;-)

Loyalty has always been steadfast in my life.  Without it, I could not have been married so long nor could I have successfully reared two children...I am loyal to their beings before my own.  Mother sacrifice!  haha  May cause them a guilt trip!  ha ha

Financial freedom must be researched and dissected so that I can maintain a sense of the first value, security.

Passion...to be considered....

Simplicity is valid only to the extent that minimalism can be explored for its own eccentricities.


These are Claire's core values.  Many of them ring true for me and they provide a jumping off point...hopefully, it's not over a cliff of insecurity!  hah

No comments:

Post a Comment