Friday, May 30, 2014

When do I get my body back postpartum?

My "mothering" skin is sloughing off faster each day.

The newly exposed ME is as appealing as a newborn...cute and ugly simultaneously.

When I think of how I'm growing, I think of the classic sci-fi icons of huge headed creatures with flailing limbs.  Askew in body, brain expanding, and heart beating strongly as strength returns to all aspects of my being...I am an adult infant!

Surprise!  It's a girl!  And she's filled with EGO.  It's all about me, me, me!  ha ha

And that is the real surprise.  My own progeny are moving on and I feel so greedy.  I like throwing my arms wide open to the world and I like exposing this new skin of mine to the sun and I when I hug someone, it's just me to hug.

Therein lies the dilemma.  For all the fun that greediness provides, I'm not made to hug myself solely.  As sure as I am about who I am becoming, I am also sure that nurturing another/others is the main puzzle piece to my happiness.

I shall not lie fallow as a seed without food to grow.  The egg is filled yolk and white for a reason....


No comments:

Post a Comment