Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ah, vanity...

Autumn has arrived again.  Poignancy for the turning of the leaves and chilling of the air hits many Floridian transplants this time of year.

I had my moments of reflection for the third season last week in Washington, DC when the temperature dipped below fifty degrees.  I watched the birds flying south...I made the obligatory stop at an apple stand...I donned a cardigan and now, I'm happily done with reminiscing about autumn.

Instead, I will give into my vanity and thank my lucky stars that Florida is beginning the first of its many months of lower humidity.  Autumn and winter will be "good hair" seasons.  Let the celebration begin and the vanity indulgence take over.  Good hair.  Good hair.

Oh, wait, shouldn't I be more concerned with the upcoming Presidential election?  Isn't that more important than pleasant temperatures and good hair?  Perhaps the two go together as a happier female electorate is more likely to get out and vote thereby truly influencing the direction of the country's policies.

But it's really just about getting good hair...vanity and honesty...strange but satisfied bedfellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment