Thursday, August 30, 2012

Jumping

Living without a net is a choice made unknowingly in childhood...we are given the freedom to jump or pause and forgiven for it because "we're just kids," right?

Each time I castigate myself for weakness, I come back to my net choice.  How many times did I use the net in my life?  Did I choose the path less traveled or the path well lit?  Okay, I honestly chose the less traveled path but I carried a lantern because the dark did scare me a bit.  That was acceptable.  Even a free flier has to give herself some slack!

When I chose to jump from marriage to divorce, it was with the realization that no one would catch me when I fell.  And I knew I would fall.  A lot.  In fact, the joy of net free living is taking the dive face first into the mud.  I accept these falls with grace knowing that mud is an exfoliant!  It scrapes off dead stuff that keeps the radiance from shining through.  Plus, science tells us that dirt is a great immunity booster.  Uh huh...practice has meant that I'm getting better at avoiding that mud but when I do take it in the smacker...I just  lick it off my lips and appreciate the taste.  And oh, how my skin is glowing....

I'm encountering numerous individuals now who live with a net.  Ideally, they would learn to loosen up and understand that even with falls, the best part of the process is catching life's cross winds.  Those winds mark the difference between mediocrity and breathlessness.

Adrenaline junkie?  No.  Full on life flier?  Absolutely.




No comments:

Post a Comment