Monday, May 4, 2015

Take Your Time: Life Speaks

I'm sure that the word patience appears in my writing countless times.  It must.  My mantra falls back to it each time I feel restless with life.  And that happens daily.

Restlessness isn't new to me nor is patience.  They're oddly compatible.  I like to get things done yet defining things is becoming more difficult.  Clarity is the treasure I seek.  How laughable!  And so I get aggravated with the rhythm of life and its disregard for my urgency.  


Take Your Time

I've given you this treasure, Life says. 
Wrapped with the comics, I observe.

Time is funny.
It passes too quickly, no...too slowly.

It passes.
All day l-o-n-g.

You don't like my gift? Life asks.
I can't understand it, I sigh.

So many want this treasure.
I feel guilty because I have it.

No one begrudges you this time, Life remarks.
I have so much of it now...I'm lost in it.

Do you remember when it was rare?  
I do.

You wished for more and all of it yours.
And you have given it to me.

A treasure  you have dipped in guilt?
A pleasure I don't deserve?

Take Your Time
Where?  Why?  How?

On your journey.  Because you earned it.  Carry it in your heart.
Time is heavy.

Only if you wrap it in guilt.  Unwrap your gift.
Thank you.  

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment